Well, I had the prologue of this post in my mind when I was already in bed last night. The first thing in the morning, I will write it down, I told myself. The morning started crazily and the draft was nowhere to be found in my mind. But this recipe had to be shared because well, its chocolate and its super easy too with just three ingredients and does not require cooking or baking. Sounds too good to be true? Not at all, beginners are encouraged to try, moms are advised to make this treat for bribing and anyone who wish to reward himself or herself.
I used fresh coconut in this recipe and it gave a wonderful flavor. I had a lot of coconut at hand (since my husband got coconut instead of coconut water I had requested 😉
- Dark/Semisweet chocolate* 12 ounces
- Almonds 1 cup (lightly roast them in oven and then chop them roughly) plus 24 extra on top
- Coconut ** 1 1/2 cup plus extra for sprinkling
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler.
- Add in almonds and coconut.
- Place a spoonful on wax paper lined tray spacing them nicely.
- Sprinkle with some extra coconut and top with an almond.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes.
- *I used 41% chocolate
- ** I used freshly descicated unsweetened coconut