I personally don’t like milk’s taste. As a kid, I always drank with some kind of milk flavoring product. I am still the same plus starbucks is everywhere here. Something needs to be made at home with fewer calories.The whopping calories in its decadent frappuccinos makes them an occasional treat. I tried this recipe at home and it turned out pretty awesome. I saw somewhat similar version at Chocolate covered Katie but I wanted it to be chocolate. So here is a very nice substitute for summers when you want to sip a nice cold glass of milk in this form.
You can try substituting soy milk, almond milk or coconut milk, once I tried with coconut milk substituted for half the normal milk and it turned out more creamier with a slight hint of coconut. But mind you coconut milk is high in calories than regular full fat milk. The blending process makes it thick and frothy and you will not notice much, the loss of creamy richness. For the sake of blog beauty, I went a step ahead and added some whipped cream and chocolate fudge sauce.
- Milk 1 cup
- Cocoa powder 1 tsp
- Drinking chocolate* 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Coffee 1/2 tsp
- pinch of salt
- Vanilla essence few drops
- ice cubes few
- 1. Blend everything in blender till thick and foamy.
- 2. Pour in tall glasses and serve immediately.
- 3. Top with whipping cream dollop and chocolate sauce if desired.
- *I use Cadbury's drinking chocolate but if you don't have it, add 1/2 tsp of additional cocoa and 1 tsp of sugar.