I know many of this blog visitors are novice bakers so to add information, brownies is not chocolate cake. Cake is spongy, soft and moderate sweet while brownies are sweeter, fudgy and dense.
Butter ½ cup
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Flour 2/3 cup
Cocoa ½ cup
Baking Powder ½ tsp
Salt ½ tsp
- Grease a square 8x8x2 inches pan.
- Mix sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients and walnuts to batter.
- Pour in prepared pan and level.Bake in preheated oven at no.4 for 25 -30 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top with chocolate sauce and walnuts or dust with icing sugar and cut into 2 inch squares.