Last week I had some chocolate left over from my decorative cake projects (more on this at www.bakefresh.net) and I had to fix it before it goes bad. I decided to make some quick chocolate fudge. I have very fond memories of chocolate fudge. My mum always used to get us some on our way to our grandparents home which me and my sister used to love both the fudge and the trip.
The best thing about this no-bake quick chocolate fudge is that it takes only few ingredients and is very easy to put together. My sweet tooth son loved them too as you can see in the pictures. Don’t forget to add in your favorite combination of toasted nuts and dry fruits. Unexpected guests? You can prepare it in a jiffy. Enjoy!
Easy No-Bake Chocolate Fudge
Recipe source – What’s cooking chocolate by Jacqueline Bellefontaine
Dark Chocolate [I used 62% cocoa] 9 ounces
Evaporated Milk 4 tbsp
Icing Sugar 3 cups
Mixed nuts 1/2 cup (I used almonds, pecans and walnuts)
Sultanas/Golden Raisins 1/3 cup
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place chopped nuts on a baking sheet and bake them in oven for 5-8 minutes until toasted and fragrant.
2. Lightly grease and 8 inches square cake tin.
3. Melt chocolate with butter and milk over a pan of simmering water until all ingredients are well combined.
4. Remove from heat and add icing sugar.
5. Mix in the nuts and dry fruits.
6. Press in prepared pan and chill until firm.
7. Cut them in to 1 inch square.