I am trying to clean up my hard disk and its no surprise that most of it has been filled up with pictures. I am also organizing them categorically and then yearly, its a long process but its high time. While doing this boring task, I stumbled upon a couple of pictures of Chocolate Tart which I made a while ago for some guests (and to utilize my new really cool loooong tart pan). I just got to eat the crumbs remaining because it disappeared in minutes. I got to hear lot of compliments for it specially the crust.
Thankfully I did remember to save the recipe then. So here it is – another winner chocolate based recipe.
Chocolate Ganache Tart
Recipe source – Simply Romanesco
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp butter
3/4 cup icing sugar (aka powdered or confectioners sugar)
1/4 cup grounded blanched almonds (i used almond flour or almond meal, half of hich i slightly toasted in oven)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1. To make the crust, beat butter until creamy.
2. Add in sugar and continue to beat.
3. Beat in almond flour, salt and vanilla.
4. Beat in egg.
5. Lastly add in flour and just mix enough until its soft, damp and moist with all ingredients incorporated. Don’t think about rolling, this dough in my opinion is best when pressed directly into the tart pan.
6. Scrape out all into the pan, you can use a 9″round tin or a long 12×2 inches rectangular pan. Nicely and firmly press the dough into the pan with clean edges.
7. Refrigerate for 25 mins and then bake in pre-heated oven at 350 F. Prepare the filling meanwhile.
6 ounces chocolate [I used a combination of dark chocolate and milk, 4 oz dark, 2 oz milk
,you can vary it according to your taste]
1/2 cup + 1/2 tbsp heavy cream
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
Orange zest to decorate
1. Melt the chocolate in microwave or double boiler.
2. Beat 1/2 tbsp cream and egg yolk until just liquidy.
3. Bring the rest of the cream to boil adding in vanilla.
4. Pour over chocolate and mix well.
5. Whisk in egg yolk mixture and then butter.
6. Pour the mixture into half baked tart and bake for another 10 minutes until slightly firm.
7. Chill in refrigerator so the ganache sets. Decorate and serve.