So here is a luscious dessert and as much as I like easy to put together recipes, this one is right on spot. The beautiful individual servings just gives you sense of ownership (and portion control ;)).
Chocolate Pots de Creme is a French equivalent of pudding or custard or a cross between them. Its simple yet achieves amazing result. When I first saw it on Sticky Gooey Creamy Chewy blog, I ‘favorited’ it as I knew I had to make it.
Chocolate Pots de Creme
Adapted from StickyGooeyCreamyChewy
Milk 1 cup
Dark Chocolate 4 ounces
Granulated Sugar 1/3 cup
Cocoa powder 2 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 320 F. Put some water on to boil.
3. Place chocolate in a small bowl and microwave in increments of 20 seconds until melted.
4. In a larger bowl, whisk the eggs, yolks and sugar together until thoroughly combined.
7. Pour the pots de crème mixtures into in small ramekins and place it in a baking dish with at least 3-inch sides. Fill the baking dish with boiling water until it reaches about halfway up the sides of the pots de crème.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until pots de crème are set, but slightly jiggly in their centers. Remove from the baking dish and cool. Store in the fridge, covered with plastic wrap. The crèmes are best served the same day, but will keep 2-3 days in the fridge. Goes really well with whipped cream.
Makes 6 servings