Enough said in the title. Yes, they are “The” Vanilla Cupcakes. I am very happy as I write today’s post. Its not an easy claim. Vanilla cakes and cupcakes are the trickiest of genre. Oil, shortening, butter or mix of them, all purpose or cake flour, yogurt, milk or buttermilk, egg yolks egg whites or whole, reverse creaming or traditional butter and sugar creaming method, I have tried them all. From white velvet to yellow to white cakes and cupcakes, nothing came out the way I wanted them to be. Moist, tender crumb well risen, nice rounded tops, pronounced vanilla flavor and not so sensitive that if baked for an extra minute, goes dry.
Also, one of the perks is that it is one-bowl method. I will give the well-deserved credit to Lindsay of LifeLoveandSugar who posted this amazing recipe. Thanks Lindsay.
- All purpose flour 1 2/3 cup
- Castor Sugar 1 cup
- Baking soda 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Butter (room temperature) 3/4 cup
- Egg whites 3
- Vanilla essence 3 tsp
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Sour cream/Yougurt 1/2 cup
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Shortening 1/2 cup
- Icing sugar 4 cups
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin tray with paper liners.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together.
- Add in all the wet ingredients and mix with hand beater on medium speed until just smooth. Don’t over beat.
- Fill in the cases with an ice cream scoop or with 1/3 measuring cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until just done.
- Cream butter and shortening until fluffy and light.
- Add in rest of the ingredients and beat well until smooth.
- Frost the cool cupcakes with piping tip 1M from wilton.
- Top with sprinkles if desired.
These cupcakes look really great!
[email protected]/ says
I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.
This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.
For more please visit:
TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.
In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
they look like perfect vanilla cupcakes!
yeh they are
Laptop Repair In Chennai says
Thank you very much for such a lovely and informative post.
ooh im really tempted to try these soon. They look so pretty!
they are must try
Haffa Bexi says
Plz hop over & link ur recipes to my ongoing event Wedding Anniversary Cakes & Sweets
obat herbal fistula ani says
Obat Herbal Fistula Ani
Nice Cakes i love these cup cakes.
Restaurants in Saudi Arabia