These attractive dinner roll shapes will please everyone and the pillowy soft texture and melt in mouth taste can compliment any meal. Today I am sharing 8 creative and fancy ways to shape bread rolls!
Have you ever experienced the aroma of a freshly baked bread? Well, nothing can really beat the sensation of it. While this recipe has been long over due, we will be talking about some fool-proof tips on how to make the different types of dinner rolls. If you follow this recipe correctly, it is sure to guarantee you an excellent result.
How do you prepare the basic dinner roll shapes?
The basic and easiest shape is round. Usually created by rotating the palms in C-shape against the work surface to create a taut and tight round bun. In this video and post, I am showing you 8 other easy and attractive dinner roll shapes that can add an aesthetic charm to your table.
How do you shape the perfect dinner rolls?
It all starts with a softened enriched dough (more than regular breads). Enriched means besides flour, yeast, water and salt, other ingredients like eggs, milk, butter and sugar are also added to make the dough rich and more flavorful! It is not only important to create a soft and smooth yet manageable dough with no cracks to create any desired shape.
What are the different types of bread rolls?
Bread rolls is a broader term used for small bread rolled into different shapes. No matter what the shape is, they are served with the main meal, dunk it in soup, eat with steak or simply smear a knob of herbed butter or cheese, you surely have a winner.
What is the right type of yeast to make dinner rolls?
Coming back to dinner rolls, they are a good start if you are yet to break your yeast fear. In addition, if you can make them perfectly after couple of tries, then you are ready to take on almost all yeast based recipes.
You can use instant, granulated or fresh but instant and granules are recommended. If you are using granules then you have to activate it by using some water and sugar till it becomes foamy. Instant can used in directly into the dough.
Can you freeze dinner rolls or bread rolls?
I do it all the time. You can store in air tight box for couple of days but you can also freeze the fully baked and cooled dinner rolls in a box which is again put in a plastic zip lock bag. I usually let it thaw at room temperature, loosely covered for couple of hours.
- 2 and 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 tablespoon of butter or ghee (clarified and melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of instant yeast
- 1 egg (half for dough, half for brushing)
- 1 cup of approximately lukewarm milk to make dough
- Put flour in a clean mixing bowl.
- Add salt, sugar, and instant yeast.
- Gently pour in the melted butter.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Gradually pour in the lukewarm milk.
- Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Knead the dough on a clean surface.
- In a separate bowl surfaced with oil, let the kneaded dough rest.
- Cover the bowl with a cling wrapper and wait for the dough to rise.
- Cut the dough into the desired sizes.
- Using your clean hands, mold the dough into the desired shape. Fuel your creativity!
- After molding, place them in a baking dish.
- Brush the dough with egg wash.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350F.
- Serve and enjoy!