These attractive dinner roll shapes will please everyone and the pillowy soft texture and melt in mouth taste can compliment any meal. Today I am sharing 8 creative and fancy ways to shape bread rolls!
Have you ever experienced the aroma of a freshly baked bread? Well, nothing can really beat the sensation of it. While this recipe has been long over due, we will be talking about some fool-proof tips on how to make the different types of dinner rolls. If you follow this recipe correctly, it is sure to guarantee you an excellent result.
How do you prepare the basic dinner roll shapes?
The basic and easiest shape is round. Usually created by rotating the palms in C-shape against the work surface to create a taut and tight round bun. In this video and post, I am showing you 8 other easy and attractive dinner roll shapes that can add an aesthetic charm to your table.
How do you shape the perfect dinner rolls?
It all starts with a softened enriched dough (more than regular breads). Enriched means besides flour, yeast, water and salt, other ingredients like eggs, milk, butter and sugar are also added to make the dough rich and more flavorful! It is not only important to create a soft and smooth yet manageable dough with no cracks to create any desired shape.
What are the different types of bread rolls?
Bread rolls is a broader term used for small bread rolled into different shapes. No matter what the shape is, they are served with the main meal, dunk it in soup, eat with steak or simply smear a knob of herbed butter or cheese, you surely have a winner.
What is the right type of yeast to make dinner rolls?
Coming back to dinner rolls, they are a good start if you are yet to break your yeast fear. In addition, if you can make them perfectly after couple of tries, then you are ready to take on almost all yeast based recipes.
You can use instant, granulated or fresh but instant and granules are recommended. If you are using granules then you have to activate it by using some water and sugar till it becomes foamy. Instant can used in directly into the dough.
Can you freeze dinner rolls or bread rolls?
do it all the time. You can store in air tight box for couple of days but you can also freeze the fully baked and cooled dinner rolls in a box which is again put in a plastic zip lock bag. I usually let it thaw at room temperature, loosely covered for couple of hours.
How to Make the Different Types of Dinner Rolls
A go-to recipe, easy to make, and yields impressive-looking eight different shaped dinner rolls that can be devoured on their own or tossed in butter garlic glaze!
- 2 and 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 tablespoon of butter or ghee (clarified and melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of instant yeast
- 1 egg (half for dough, half for brushing)
- 1 cup lukewarm milk to make dough*
- Put flour in a clean mixing bowl.
- Add salt, sugar, and instant yeast.
- Gently pour in the melted butter and 1/2 egg beaten.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Gradually pour in 3/4 cup lukewarm milk.
- Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated. Add remaining milk ONLY if required.
- Knead the dough on a clean surface for about 8-10 minutes if using hands and 5 minutes if using a stand mixer.
- In a separate bowl surfaced with oil, let the kneaded dough rest.
- Cover the bowl with a cling wrapper and wait for the dough to rise for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Cut the dough into 8 pieces and shape. (Watch video)
- After shaping, place them on a baking sheet. No need to line or grease.
- Brush the dough with egg wash (remaining egg).
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350F in a pre heated oven for around 20-25 minutes until nice and golden brown.
- Optional step - Brush with some melted butter immediately and then cover to cool.
*you need about 3/4 cup to 1 cup of milk depending upon the flour.
Start your baking journey today with Nadia by subscribing to our Newsletter and YouTube channel!
Go bananas with this healthy banana bread!
Chicken Bread and top ten tips to handle yeast dough!
I love the different shapes you have put on these rolls. Best of luck with the class!
Grab your award at: http://diaryofanallpakistanigirl.blogspot.com/
Hello Nadia ! Your blog come to my knowledge just before two days,its really interesting & helpfull as i m too very fond of baking,If u remember ur last office in Karachi Folio:), & ur colleague Asim.A.Khan,I m his sis & he told me about ur blog & praise a lot.. hope to see some new recpies soon:)
hi, yes ofcourse i know Asim, he told me about you. Thanks for liking my blog, i hope you try out all recipes, yes more recipes are coming.
My son loves donuts & in a day or so i ll try ur recpie:) hope it will work great
como abrir conta na binance says
Thanks for sharing. I read many of your blog posts, cool, your blog is very good.
binance register says
Can you be more specific about the content of your enticle? After reading it, I still have some doubts. Hope you can help me. https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=P9L9FQKY