Today I am sharing the recipe of anday ki mithai or ande ki piyosi. I am not from Hyderabad, India which might come as a surprise because the dessert/halwa I am going to share with you today is considered a royal sweet – a delicacy from Hyderabad Deccan. I am 100% Karachiite but I am married into a family that migrated from Hyderabad to Karachi. I make lot of dishes typical to elaborate Hyderabadi cuisine like Dam Biryani, bagharay baigan and khatti daal etc. I also make Hyderabadi Khubani ka Meetha with my mom’s twists (to make it less sweet and heavy and making it as a trifle), you can find the video recipe here.
Last week, I hosted a lunch comprising all Hyderabadi delicacies and cuisine and it was very well received. Besides Khubani ka meetha, I also made Anday Ki Mithai or Ande ki Piyosi, whose recipe was very kindly shared with me by my sister in law Sabeen.
Thanks Sabeen, it was not only delicious but also easy. I made it in my stand mixer and baked in a glass dish to present it as is. You can choose to cut slices and serve in another platter.
Can I make Anday ki mithai without khoya?
Condensed milk is readily available and is used in this recipe hence, we can easily get away without using khoya which was used traditionally.
Can I make ande ki piyosi in advance?
Yes, I made it a day before and it was even more tastier the next day.
How to store ande ki piyosi?
If the weather is not extremely hot, room temperature is just fine. You can even store it in refrigerator. In both cases, it should be covered.
What can I garnish on anday ki mithai?
I chose to garnish it with crushed pistachios for a nice color contrast and also taste. You can also use silvered almonds.
- 10 eggs
- 1 can (397 grams) condensed milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- few strands of saffrons
- Beat eggs and sugar really well.
- Add in soft butter, continue beating.
- Add condensed milk, saffron and almond powder.
- Pour in a lightly greased 11 inches round deep dish or similar size oven proof glass dish. You can also use cake tin and later cut slices to serve.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 45-60 minutes until set (no jiggle in the middle) and nicely golden brown.
- Remove and cool completely before garnishing with chopped pistachios or silvered almonds and serving.