Home baked chocolate chip cookie can be a luxurious treat. They are super easy to make, stores well and tastes much better than packaged ones. Eat alone or dunk in milk, you gotta try both. Its important to use good quality chocolate chips. I have used Hershey’s semi sweet variety. Give this super easy recipe of chocolate chip cookies a try.
Chocolate chip cookies are everyone’s favorite and they come in variety of textures. Thick, thin, chewy, cakey, depending upon the ingredients ratio, butter temperature, leavening agents etc. The ones here are soft and cake like with amazing flavor. They are so easy that you can involve your kids in making them and they can help in every step. Did I tell you, this is one of the most visited recipes on my blog and has most number of comments. Worth a try.
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Light brown sugar 1/2 cup
- Super fine sugar 1/4 cup
- Egg 1
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
- Flour 1 1/2 cup
- Semi sweet chocolate chips 3/4 cup
- Beat butter and both sugars with hand whisker or electric beater.
- Add in egg and vanilla, continue beating.
- Sift in flour and baking powder. Mix until a soft dough is formed. Do not overmix.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Make small balls. If mixture is very soft, simply drop in tea spoon full on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 F for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before devouring.
- *These are soft pillow like cookies in contrast to thick chewy ones.